Monday 28 March 2011

RUBY, RUBY, RUBY, RUBY, RUN

I have to make sure I have some races booked up in order to get myself out there training each week. Without a race to work towards I wouldn’t give speedwork a second look and hill sessions would be shoved to the back of the cupboard, for sure. Hence my registration for The Ruby Run on 12th June 2011 http://www.rubyrun.co.uk/  I ran this race for the first time last year with a fantastic friend of ours, a Mr Stuart Colwill, we ran it together and kept our conversation flowing throughout. Felt great at the finish line with a time of 2:07 but vowed I wouldn’t do it next year as they reverse the course and 2011 is the harder version. So here I am wondering why I entered but feeling that with Stuart beside me or at least within the running crowd ( he has also registered) I will get through it and look forward to the challenges the reverse course will bring ( hills mainly!)
I have a sub 1:50 half marathon schedule imported into my Garmin Forerunner 205 ( where would I be without this baby) and am on week 2 of it so far. This week goes a little something like this:
8 x 400m @ 7.35-7.15 pace with 200m recovery with a mile warm up and a mile cool down
3 mile @ 8.33-8.13 pace with a mile warm up and mile cool down
4 mile @ 8.54-8.34 pace
4 mile @ 8.54-8.34 pace
8 mile @ 8.54-8.34 pace
Here’s to a good week of running. Although the weather looks set to change, I am definitely in a sunnier disposition now I have another half to work towards, not forgetting a trail 10K in the Forest of Dean at the end of May. Happy days J

No comments:

Post a Comment