Saturday 5 February 2011

ARTFUL DODGING

Very often I hear the words “I’m bored” from JT, to which I reply, why don’t you a) build some Lego b) go in the garden c) get your pens and paper out. Usually he takes himself off into the playroom and artfully dodges his own boredom.

Later we can be produced with some of the following:



I am always amazed by the level of detail and by how much time this can buy me without I’m bored rearing it’s head again. Some great tools we have found have really helped to give JT confidence in his drawing: 1) Lots of things to draw by Usbourne 2) A free supplement in The Observer on how to draw animals.
Another great book is Paper Scissors Glue by Polly Wreford which TJ received for Christmas from Uncle Craig. The Crocodiles adorn our kitchen shelf at the moment and were the first project to be accomplished from the book. If you have little ones bored one weekend, this should do the trick.
At this moment in time, Mr T and JT, with intermittent bursts from TJ, are making a television from a cardboard box, who needs books really when you have the imagination of a 6 year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment