Tuesday 1 November 2011

GREAT BALLS OF HEALING

Since completing my last half marathon, shamed to say that was a whole7 months ago, I have suffered with a mild form of plantar fasciitis. After seeing my sports masseur soon after the event it was evident through an hour of kneading areas deep enough to produce noises (from myself) that I hadn't heard for at least 4 years. Note my second child was born 4 years ago - you get the connection now?

My soleus muscle was my initial cause for concern when booking my appointment, the tightness in my lower calf was noticeable and annoyingly annoying. It always fascinates me how the human body compensates for injuries that appear in one area of the body initially, the body wanting a constant state of equilibrium will strive to keep the body in a state of homeostasis. This often leads to related injuries/tension within other areas of the body. Hence the transfer of pain from the soleus to the foot over time in the disguise of plantar fasciitis.

Every night When I remember I used my purple spiky massage balls to help alleviate the niggle in my foot that the PF brings. The reason my cross training took on more of a precedence was largely due to the need for me to rest the feet more and enable my body to make it's way back to it's equilibrium.
So far I am finding my 2 days of running is enough for me to cover my training for the 10K's I am doing recently and to keep my PF in check. Those purple balls of loveliness are great company to my feet whilst enjoying a wonderful new series of The Fades on BBC3, if you haven't seen it, make yourself! It's more than a little scary but in a really good way??!! The 2 main characters, Paul (Iain De Caestecker) and Mac (Daniel Kaluuya) are brilliantly cast. Unfortunately the end of the series was last week but I am fairly convinced by the way we were left wondering about Paul's ascension status among various sub plots within this series, that we have not seen the end of this series. If creator Jack Thorne reads this (!) please can we have more? Many thanks.

Ooh, did I just go off on a tangent there, well that's the power of The Fades for you. Basically whilst doing various menial tasks at home I can incorporate the healing of my PB inflicted feet. Hoorah for the purple balls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment