Thursday 27 October 2011

HAUNTINGLY GOOD FUN

I always get excited at the thought of getting the craft box out with the boys, very often they lose interest all too quickly for my liking and we end up with half finished projects.

Not so this half term week.............
we attended a creative craft session at Bude Life Centre on Tuesday with Ayres Rocks and her lovely boys. The projects ranged from intricate Christmas cards for the older children to making moving Santa's and snowmen for the smaller hands, with other great projects in between to suit all levels.
We came away after 2 solid hours, yes you read correctly 2 HOURS, where my boys were engaged in making some wonderful decorations for xmas, to either decorate their bedroom or to give as gifts.

This morning I had intended on having a quiet day with the boys after we had a manic day yesterday with the arrival of TJ's 4th birthday. I had seen a post on a lovely blog http://www.makeandtakes.com/spooky-house-pop-up-cards and had wanted to attempt this with the boys before halloween past us by. This morning was the day to do it, wet and miserable outside, warm and crafty inside!! What a treat it turned out to be. We were joined by Jamie, JT's best friend, all 3 boys made some wonderful, highly individual pop up cards. I made up different templates for them to decorate as they wished and they were off. I left them too it with "one I had made earlier" and the laptop on showing the various cards shown on the blog. I loved the way they commented on each other's cards with praise and complements flying, just lovely.
The process


TJ's finished card

JT's finished card
I can honestly say we had a wonderful morning creating these, ahh, long lazy crafty days, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment